Kids love to laugh! They are delighted and can be entertained for hours by a great movie targeted for their audience. Many funny kids movies are available on DVD or Blue Ray for enjoying at home. Gone are the days where we had to pay for an expensive box office ticket to give our children a special treat.
Although they still love going to the movies (and who doesn't?), there's a great collection of funny kids movies that can be added to your home collection to be enjoyed again and again. That's another plus of purchasing a movie on DVD or Blue Ray disc – your favorites can be stored and cherished indefinitely!
In order to get a “feel” for if the film is actually as “child-friendly” as the ads or the title may imply, many films are available as trailers online. Take the time to catch a preview prior to committing to buying the DVD for your child. This makes it possible to judge whether or not your child will enjoy it. Of course, if just the excerpt makes YOU laugh, AND if there are numerous positive reviews, by all means, invest in the film to engage your child.
What are some of the best and most popular funny kids movies that have stood the test of time? Following is just a partial list. There have been many made over the years, since every decade includes filmmakers and other artists who want nothing more than to amuse the younger viewer audience. Most have kids themselves, so they take hints from their own kids on what it takes to entertain other children!
The following movies are one-hundred percent child friendly, irresistible and are must-have classics:
1) TOY STORY – this animated Disney film heads the list because of its candor, appeal and ability to make kids laugh again and again. Very few kids today have NOT seen it! Adults love it, too!
2) SHREK is another animated film, appealing because of it's humor, endearing characters (beginning with the ogre, “Shrek”), engaging story line and timeless, universal theme of living “happily ever after.” Kids can't get enough of this film, which spurned quite a few sequels, even a seasonal (Christmas) version, which is shown on television.
3) FINDING NEMO – yet another Disney/ Pixar film, with beautiful special effects that mimic underwater/ sea life as seen through the eyes of a cute clown fish. Kids will be able to relate to “Nemo's” fears and his ups and downs. A wonderful film for all ages.
4) MRS. DOUBTFIRE is a humorous film that kids as well as entire families will enjoy. The separated father of three is hopelessly devoted to his three kids, prompting him to pose as their nanny. The child stars' feelings and behaviors are easy for young viewers to relate to and empathize with.
5) FERRIS BUELLER'S DAY OFF humorously centers on the great lengths a teenager will take just to stay home from school. (What child can't relate to needing a day “off”?) This film is perfect for the adolescent group.
6) MONSTERS INC. will keep the little ones chuckling at a series of animated monsters' diligent work to evoke fear in children—and failing.
Children like to lose themselves in a good movie just like we (as adults) do. Make your favorite child laugh today!